Academic and Athletic Development added Vimy Ringette as a new program for the 2019-2020 school year. The program is administered and delivered by Academic and Athletic Development (AAD) and supported by Edmonton Public School as a part of their Sports Alternative Program.
We are excited about what this program can offer to the ringette community and believe that our unique learning environment will allow our student-athletes to:
- Achieve high standards of academic excellence
- Enhance their overall fitness level by exposing student-athletes to sport-specific training both on the ice and in our dryland fitness facilities
- Improve their time management and organizational skills
- Technically explore and supplement the following aspects of ringette:
- Fine-tuning of individual skill development
- Power skating sessions
- Mental Training/Awareness
- Drill Design / Gameplay
- Key concepts in the game of Ringette
- Develop in a “team coaching” environment where players benefit from the knowledge of several coaches working to develop each player as a whole person/athlete
For more information on Vimy Ringette contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Register for a Free Shadow Day!